Thursday, January 21, 2010

Assignment 1: Introduction

Hi my name is Christina DeKovics and I am 19 years old. I am currently a sophomore here at Montclair and live on campus in Blanton. I go home pretty much every weekend where I live with my parents and 11 year old brother, Brandon. My family used to have a dog, but we had to put him to sleep when I was younger because he was sick. My parents are happily married and are going on 21 years. One of my favorite things to do with my family is watch football on Sundays. I am a huge Packers fan and watching them play is a bonding experience for us. I am a caring person who will go out of my way for anyone. My family is truly my best friend. I love to help people and listen. My friends make fun of me and tell me I act like a therapist. They come to me with all of their problems and I am more than willing to try and solve them. I love to sing and just have a good time. I sometimes worry about the small stuff and stress about things out of my control. One thing you should know is that I am a very shy person and do not like attention on me. I used to sing and act in high school and I know what your thinking: how can I be on stage when I do not like attention. As funny as it is, I would rather sing in front of 200 people than give a presentation in front of 30.

I attended Catholic school from Kindergarten all the way through high school. I know some people say they hate it, but I really did not have a problem with it. I had some of the best teachers and some of the worst. I absolutely adore my friends. They are one of the best things in my life. One of the funniest things to ever happen to me was on the first day of high school. It was raining out and my shoes were slippery. I started to walk towards the stairs and next thing I knew I was on the floor. Thank goodness no one else was around because I was very embarrassed. Now I am able to look back and laugh.

I am a Family and Child Studies major with a concentration in early/middle childhood (K-5). I am also taking classes to be able to teach middle school social studies. I began taking sign language last semester and absolutely love it. I hope to receive my masters in Special Education in the future and possibly get a Sign Language Interpreter Certification. Since the age of five I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I love working with children and seeing how their mind is able to absorb so much information. I want my students to look back and see that I made an impact in their lives, even if it was a small one. I want to get married and have my own children someday. Whether the guy will be rich I can not really say. I have never thought much about traveling, but there are a few places I would like to see.

After reviewing the syllabus I am interested to learn about love&sexuality and why more people are choosing cohabitation over marriage. I feel like these are two topics that sometimes are not talked about as much as they should be. The project seems fun and informative. I like self-help books and this project will give me the opportunity to read one and evaluate the important details. As far as the wiki goes, I am not sure how I feel about it. I like the fact that it is an easier way to communicate. After watching the video I feel the group project will be much easier because most of it can get done with communicatng through wiki. The only thing I am a bit skeptical about is blogging because I am a private person and do not like when people are able to read my things. It will generally be a new experience, but I am excited for this class =)!

No comments:

Post a Comment